Mona Lisa's Birthday Bash

Glo Ambassador and talented Nollywood actress Mona Lisa Chinda recently marked her birthday in the company of a few select friends and family. Looking radiant and unruffled despite the media storm she has been embroiled in, in recent weeks, the mother of one was the perfect hostess to those that came to rejoice with her as she added another year.
The event which took place in the quiet seaside suburb of Lekki Peninsula in Lagos had in attendance several people from the Nollywood community (Nigeria’s burgeoning film industry) namely Zik Zulu Okafor (Producer, “Heavensgate’) Fred Amata (Actor/Director), Emem Isong (Veteran producer) Blessing Egbe, (Model/actress/producer, ‘Before the Vow, After the Vow, Rivals) Desmond Elliot(Actor), Omoni Oboli (Actress), Bola Aduwo (Writer ‘Reloaded, Nollywood Hustler, Guilty Pleasures etc) Uduak Oguamanam (writer Edikan etc), Ufuoma Ejenobor (Actress) Kalu Ikeagwu (Actor), Mr Kool (Artiste), Tricia Esiegbe to name a few. I managed to corner the celebrant to ask about the recent imbroglio between her and her estranged husband Segun Dejo-Richards but the star remained taciturn. She instead directed me to her lawyer, Human Rights activist, Festus Keyamo who she says handles all such enquiries. Hear her: ‘Please this is a happy occasion. I’ve just turned a year older and should I add, a year wiser. Life is a school….a journey… sometimes you stumble and fall but you must pick yourself right up and keep on moving’. Hmmm… does that cryptic answer have anything to do with her experience with her estranged husband?’ Again she evades the question. ‘We all have our lives to live. I just want to focus on continuing to develop my career and concentrate on being a good mother to my lovely daughter.’ She however agreed to talk about her upcoming projects. “ I have just finished shooting a hilarious comedy, titled, “Nollywood Hustler’. It was something else. It brought out the comedic side of me and I really had fun doing it’. When pressed further about her role in the movie, she responds. “I played myself actually…albeit an over the top version! That for me was a first!’ I have other projects in the pipeline that include producing too so I can say that the future is bright. Sometimes life throws lemons at you, so what do you do? Take them and make lemonade!’ True words from this acting diva! I leave her to enjoy herself and help myself to a few glasses! Cheers everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PHOTOS: ACTOR BOBBY MICHAEL'S LATE MOTHER REMEMBERED ON MOTHERING SUNDAY!

NEW MOVIE ALERT! 'GIRLS HUSTLE' STARRING KOFI ADJORLOLO, GIFTY OF BIG BROTHER NIGERIA, UMAR KRUPP etc

MCCLURE TWINS' FATHER & HIS OLD RACIST TWEETS !