And the stars shone a little dimly; The passing of actress Caroline Johnson by Bola Aduwo

I really did not want to write this but in the words of renowned scriptwriter Syd Field, 'Writing is a personal responsibility. Its either you do it or you dont!' Like a snap shot taken from a vantage position, when you feel it... youve got to write it or that moment is lost forever. So here I am...
Why my reluctance to write? That's because I dont like to mention or remember the passing to glory of anyone especially a young person.... in this case Caroline Chantel Johnson. When I heard about her passing, I hoped it was a rumour... one of those stories you hear that dont turn out to be true but with time the whispering got louder and spread and was confirmed on several websites.

I do not know Caroline that well but I have met her some years ago when she came to audition in my friend Emem's office. She was cast in a minor role in a film called 'PlayBoy' then, starring Dakore Egbuson and Ramsey Nouah back in 1997 or so. Some years later, I saw her on TV like everyone else tackling the role of 'Uju' in Zik Zulu Okafor's 'Heaven's Gate' with much grace and poise and I remember thinking, 'oh, good for her! She's moved up the acting rung'. Then I got on with my everyday life and didnt give her much thought only to read about her battling cancer!! Of all things! When I read her story she had already come back from India after her operation and was convalescing. I decide to send her an email thru her website thanking God for her safe return and reminding her of our meeting years back and SHE REPLIED! I have posted an excerpt from the mail:
'I have seen your Blog. not bad.
keep the writing going. yes tnk God for his miracle over my life, I
believe he has perfected that which he has started. glory to his name!
Thank you for your prayers and support.
More Blessings
Caroline'
To read that she later relapsed and passed on left me absolutely gutted. So young, so beautiful.. leaving behind three children and a husband. I am at least consoled that she knew the Lord and has gone to be with Him.
This has however taught me a few things;
1. Its not how long but how well you live life.
2. Live your best life now. Dont procastinate what you can do today.
3. Be thankful for what you have and where you are.
Its not my wish to pontificate but to pay tribute to a young life well lived. I pray God may grant her family comfort and strength at this trying time.

Adieu Caroline! May your gentle soul rest in the Bosom of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PHOTOS: ACTOR BOBBY MICHAEL'S LATE MOTHER REMEMBERED ON MOTHERING SUNDAY!

NEW MOVIE ALERT! 'GIRLS HUSTLE' STARRING KOFI ADJORLOLO, GIFTY OF BIG BROTHER NIGERIA, UMAR KRUPP etc

MCCLURE TWINS' FATHER & HIS OLD RACIST TWEETS !