NOLLYWOOD AT THE CINEMAS!

I went to the cinemas yesterday and was so proud to see over three Nollywood films on display for all to come watch and counting!  By the time I sat to watch the feature presentation, I saw more Nollywood trailers being run... on the pristine screens of Silverbird Cinemas!  Lol! For a long time, Silverbird Cinemas has had a, shoul d I say, love-hate relationship with films from the local industry.  When they first set up shop, it was all Hollywood all the way... the few local producers that tried to get their films on, where shown the door, for whatever reason! That was until Stephanie Okereke's 'Through the Glass' literally broke the glass ceiling! Since then, we have been seeing alot more local productions; several even out- selling (I am told!) the popular Hollywood releases!  The thing is Africans, Nigerians specifically like their own thing o! Well, you know what they say about 'When you go black...' Hahaha! Am I sounding politically incorrect? Right now, I really couldnt be bothered! lol! Let me revel in the fact that this month I'm going to be able to watch 'Black Gold', 'Tango with Me', 'Damage', 'Sinking Sands' 'Bent Arrows', 'Ghetto Dreams' and many other productions all on the big, hallowed, pristine screens of the S'Bird! Yes! *pumps fist! Are they annoyed I said this? They shouldnt be! Rather they should see this as free advert for them. Anyway na me get my mouth....Its been a long time coming, jor! Lol! Catcha lay-rrra!
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PHOTOS: ACTOR BOBBY MICHAEL'S LATE MOTHER REMEMBERED ON MOTHERING SUNDAY!

NEW MOVIE ALERT! 'GIRLS HUSTLE' STARRING KOFI ADJORLOLO, GIFTY OF BIG BROTHER NIGERIA, UMAR KRUPP etc

MCCLURE TWINS' FATHER & HIS OLD RACIST TWEETS !