GENEVIEVE NNAJI'S 'LION HEART' SNAPPED UP BY NETFLIX!

Nollywood actress Genevieve Nnaji's directorial debut  'Lion Heart' has been snapped up by Netflix who own the international rights. This is Netflix’s first film from Nigeria, and I must say I am mighty proud of her and for Netflix to do this is huge.. both for her and for the industry! 


Over the last few years even though we have had our films on the platform, it was never as a Netflix Original. I believe now practitioners in the industry know it is possible and hopefully we see more movies from Nigeria on the platform. Then why am I not surprised that Genevieve has achieved this? Over the years, while having the opportunity to speak with her,



 I have always noticed how quick-witted and quite analytical she could be. Constantly probing and questioning... very fond of reworking and suggesting alternative ways movies can be shot or end. That's why I say I'm not surprised. It was a matter of time. Nice one Genny! Congrats on this feat.. I am always delighted when someone from the 'old guard' in Nollywood partake of a feat of film making in this new dispensation because then people shot and acted out of passion and not the money. There was no money then so now there is money, I am so glad they partaking in it. As a good friend of mine says; 'Nollywood is for all of us' so let the accolades and money go round.

The movie also stars Nkem Owoh, Pete Edochie and Onyeka Onwenu and will be on the Netflix platform soon.. I will certainly be watching.

Popular posts from this blog

PHOTOS: ACTOR BOBBY MICHAEL'S LATE MOTHER REMEMBERED ON MOTHERING SUNDAY!

NEW MOVIE ALERT! 'GIRLS HUSTLE' STARRING KOFI ADJORLOLO, GIFTY OF BIG BROTHER NIGERIA, UMAR KRUPP etc

MCCLURE TWINS' FATHER & HIS OLD RACIST TWEETS !